Plans are underway to refurbish the existing play area on Ralegh Crescent, on Deer Park. Witney Town Council is leading the project and will be running a consultation stand at the West Witney Primary School Christmas Fayre, from 12-2pm on Saturday 9th December. Please come along and give us your feedback on what you would like to see on the play area. Your thoughts and ideas will be used to put together a design brief for playground suppliers to work with.
Good news. There is now a new noticeboard to replace the one that was removed from Market Square. It is located at the southern end of Market Square against the railings by the Town Hall.
POSTERS AND NOTICES
CRITERIA FOR THE DISPLAY OF NOTICES ON THE COUNCIL OWNED NOTICEBOARD OUTSIDE THE WOOLGATE CENTRE
- We define the Witney area as – all areas within Witney as defined by the town boundary.
- Events that are held by community clubs, groups or organisations or charities may be considered for inclusion on the Town’s notice boards, as long as they fall under the Witney area designation (as above) Posters submitted for such events that fall outside the designated area may be included if they can clearly demonstrate that the organisation/s concerned directly offer or are for the benefit to the residents of Witney or comprise Witney residents or enjoy reciprocal advertising arrangements with Witney Town Council.
- Any event held by or to raise funds for a charity must include the registered charity number on the poster.
- Charities may submit a poster for an event even if the charity’s registered address is outside the Witney area. If the event is outside the Witney area its inclusion will be at the discretion of the Officers of Witney Town Council in accordance with the paragraph (b) above.
- No commercial organisation or event will be advertised unless such event is held in one of the Witney Town Council’s Venues as indicated in the Contract of Hire of said Public Hall or venue. No posters for an event held by a commercial organisation and held in any venue other than the Witney Town Council’s Public Halls will be accepted for display.
- Posters should be no larger than A4 in size.
- No poster will be displayed more than six weeks before the due date of the event.
- All posters will be removed at the first opportunity after the date of the event.
- All posters will be displayed by Witney Town Council on its notice boards free of charge.
- Posters for display must be submitted to the Town Hall at least one week before the date of the event.
- Witney Town Council is not responsible for the accuracy of the information displayed on the posters. It is the responsibility of the organisation concerned to ensure that all information displayed is accurate. Any errors are the sole responsibility of the event organiser.
We are currently experiencing a problem with our Facebook page. We are unable to post or moderate your posts or access your messages to us! We are in the process of trying to fix it but please send us your enquires, posters and event notifications to email@example.com and we will publicise events and answer queries in other ways. Thank you for your patience