A flood warning is in force for the River Windrush area. There are things you should do depending on the severity of the alert. This poster is a useful guide.
Flood warning in force now -Witney Flooding is possible – act now
The poster describes 3 levels of flood warning:
Flood alert – Prepare
- prepare a bag that includes medicines and insurance documents
- check flood warnings
Flood warning – Act
- turn off gas, water and electricity
- move things upstairs or to safety
- move family, pets and car to safety
Severe flood warning – Survive
- call 999 if in immediate danger
- follow advice from emergency services
- keep yourself and your family safe
- Save a copy of this simple flood plan (PDF, 139KB) so you’ll know what to do when there’s a flood warning in your area. View current warnings and advice specific to your area. All floods are different and you should take advice from the emergency services and your local authority if you’re in a flood.