Although allotments were in existence long before, the first record of allotments held in the Town Hall are dated 1947. The post-war campaign ‘Dig for Plenty’ initiated the purchase of the sites at Newland and Hailey Road by the then Witney Urban District Council.
Witney Town Council retains ownership of allotment sites within the town at; Lakeside, Hailey Road and Newland
Lakeside, Hailey Road, Newland and Windrush Place
The Witney Allotment Association administers these allotments which includes rental agreements and waiting lists. For any enquiries regarding these please contact them on